Download Warzone 2100
Battleplan is a multiplayer mod for Warzone 2100. You must install Warzone 2100 first. The game is available for free on the official website. The Steam version is an unofficial build without any contact from the Warzone 2100 development team.
Battleplan 2 started on Warzone 2100 version 3.3.0 and runs on 3.4.0. It is not compatible with Warzone 2100 4.0.0 yet.
To play singleplayer matches against the A.I. or host a multiplayer game, you must download and enable a few mods. This multiplayer mod is broken into 3 individual mods. The modified game data, graphics and music.
- Battleplan 2.0.5 (game data, source repository:
git clone https://files.creativekara.fr/wz2100/battleplan.git)
- Tactical Rendering v1 (visuals)
- Marine BGM v1 (optional metal BGM)
- 3D63 BGM v1 (optional chiptune BGM, see https://3D63.bandcamp.com for more musics)
To install mods, download them and put the archive file (without uncompressing it) in the
autoload directory. Music mods should be placed into
music instead of
autoload. Those directory resides in different places according to your OS and installation mode. If you installed older version of the mods, make sure to delete or move the previous version out of
While the modes are in
autoload, they will be enabled for every game you create. To disable them and play the regular game, move them outside
autoload. Mods stored directly in
mods are never loaded for example.
autoload directory is located in different places according to your OS:
- Windows XP and lower:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Warzone 2100 <version>\mods\autoload
- Windows Vista and higher:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Warzone 2100 Project\Warzone 2100 <version>\mods\autoload
~/.local/share/warzone2100-<version>/mods/autoload(~ is /home/<username>)
- Mac OS X:
~/Library/Application Support/Warzone 2100 <version>/mods/autoload(~ is /Users/<username>)
For the music mod, put it into
music instead of
If you want to play across the Internet, you must either enable UPnP or forward port 2100 TCP from your router to your machine. When this is not done correctly, you will still be able to create a game but noone will be able to join.
Starting a game
To create a game, select Multiplayer > Host in the main menu and configure your game. Once you click on
Start the server it will be listed in the lobby and can be joined by IP too.
The game options are on the left panel. Once
Start the server is clicked, it cannot be changed anymore.
The first group is the general game informations:
- On top is your name
- Just below is the game name
- The map
- And an optional password. All games are publicly listed in the lobby.
The second group holds gameplay options:
- Enable or disable scavengers (scavengers may be completely broken, it is recommended to play without)
- No alliances.
- Allow to make and break alliances during the game.
- Fixed teams with shared vision but not researches.
- Fixed teams with shared vision and researches.
- Energy level determines how much energy is produced by power generators:
- low (slows the game)
- medium (recommended)
- high (encourage large armies)
- No base. Start with the mandatory buildings: a command centre and a power generator (recommended)
- Small base. Start with also a research lab, a factory and a VTOL factory, some derricks and basic weapons already researched, ready to dive into action.
- Advanced base. Not covered yet.
- Show map. Hides the panels for the host to show the map in the background clearly. Other players won't see it.
- Construction limits. Set the maximum number of structures of each type a player can build.
- Start the server.
You can select your own colour by clicking on your flag on the right. The host can move players in different slots by clicking on their name.
The host can assign slots for players or A.I. By default all slots are
- Opened: Players can join the game and fill opened slots.
- Closed: Reduces the number of players on the map by not using this slot at all.
- A.I.: Choose which A.I. to use. Only
NullBot 3.3.0-BPis compatible.
In team games, the host can assign slots to a team by clicking on the team icon on the left of the player's flag.
The game will automatically start when all the players' slot are ready, either being an A.I. or when
Ready is checked for all players.
Joining a game
When joining a game, the mods are downloaded from the host. It may take a lot more time than shown in the progress bar. So even if it seems that all mods are downloaded, please wait until you get an other notification. While the download is not finished, even if you click on
Ready the host won't see you as ready.
Music mods are not shared and must be installed locally to be available. Multiple players can then use different music mods according to their likings.